- VEGETABLE KNIFE: A traditional Japanese-style vegetable knife, the Shun Classic 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife is a favorite of professional chefs and cooking enthusiasts for preparing fruits and vegetables.
- STRAIGHT BLADE: The straight blade, edge, and spine make this Japanese knife perfect for simple push cuts. The blunt end makes it extra safe to use.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with Shun's proprietary VG-MAX cutting core and clad in 68 layers of stainless Damascus, this cooking knife is corrosion and stain resistant with a strong, razor-sharp edge.
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The D-shaped, ebony-finished Pakkawood handle is durable, beautiful, doesn't harbor bacteria, and comfortable to use for both left- and right-handed users.
- TRADITIONAL, ARTISAN CUTLERY: Inspired by the traditions of ancient Japan, Shun knives are handcrafted by highly skilled artisans to produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
Details: Amazon.com Made from VG-10 stainless steel, Shun knives are specially constructed to be harder, less brittle, but also more flexible than traditional steel formulations. The VG-10 core is clad with 16 full layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers. These layers not only protect the VG-10, they create an exquisitely detailed surface reminiscent of Damascus or pattern-forged steel, the kind once used for Samurai swords. As a result, the knives are simply stunning to look at--much like antique Damascus knives but without their tendency to rust. The 6-1/2-inch blade of this Nakiri knife works great for slicing and dicing, and like many Asian-style knives, its handle is especially suited to smaller users. In contrast to the traditional round profile, however, Shun handles are D-shaped to prevent the knife from twisting in the hand, which provides extra stability and a firm grip. The handle is made from ebony-colored PakkaWood, a fused blend of hardwood veneers imbued with waterproof resin that combines the warmth and traditional look and feel of wood with the strength and durability of plastic. The offset stainless-steel bolster is designed for ergonomic comfort and maximum safety, while a stainless-steel end cap provides the finishing touch. Hand washing the knife is recommended. The Nakiri knife measures approximately 11 by 2 inches and carries a limited lifetime warranty. --Mary Park Product Description Add one of our most popular vegetable and fruit prep knives to your collection with the Shun Cutlery Classic 6.5" Nakiri Knife. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, this Japanese nakiri vegetable knife is ideal for simple push cuts – making it perfect for everything from stir fry to salads. It's also a great all-purpose chef knife. The end of the blade is blunt so it's extra safe to use. The Classic Nakiri Knife is constructed with Shun's proprietary VG-Max cutting core with 68 layers of stainless Damascus cladding for a strong, corrosion-resistant, stain-resistant, razor-sharp 16-degree edge that glides through food. The D-shaped, ebony-finished Pakkawood handle is durable, beautiful, comfortable for both left- and right-handed users, and doesn't harbor bacteria.